I’m a freelance marketer for nonprofits, colleges, and universities, and I specialize in digital marketing. I have seventeen years experience in higher education and nonprofits, twelve specifically in marketing. I’m motivated to move people and money for the causes we care about using both traditional and digital marketing.
I specialize in:
- Social media
- Digital advertising
- Online fundraising
- Website management
- Integrated (offline + online) marketing campaigns
What I really do:
- Get meaningful results
- Use your budget efficiently
- Take the stress out of your marketing efforts
You can see an overview of my career on LinkedIn, and here are a few specific successes:
- Increased inquiries 86% to a liberal arts college
- Increased online revenue 67% for a statewide nonprofit
- Raised 305% of a crowdfunding goal for an international nonprofit
- Negotiated a 33% decrease in advertising costs while increasing impressions 600%
- Audited the online fundraising and Google Ad Grant programs of a national nonprofit
- Designed a marketing plan for a downtown development organization after a natural disaster
- Launched integrated marketing campaigns in five metropolitan markets, leading up to a national campaign
Clients, Conferences, and Employers
I tailor my work to your organization’s specific needs, with respect for your staff, budget, and mission. My client list is below. You’ll see they span sectors, organizational size, and budget capacity.
Beast of Burden Challenge
Cinema Systers Film Festival
Coastal Maine Getaways
Comedian Amy Tee
Community College of Vermont
Etsy Shop: Aquarter After
Grassroots Environmental Education
Green Mountain Club
Honey Holistic Esthetics
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction
Izzy’s Coffee Den
Jupiter Flow Yoga
Keri’s Kures Teas
Murray State University
Network of Empowered Executive Directors (NEED)
Northeast Regional Campus Compact Conference
Northfield Senior Center
Palo Alto University
Project on Civic Reflection
Society for Organizational Learning
State of Vermont Downtown Program
Steep Trajectory, LLC
Transformational Touch Therapy
Vermont Beekeeping Supply
Vermont Campus Compact
Vermont Technical College
Vermont Women in Higher Education Conference
Professional / Volunteer Service
These are organizations with which I’ve volunteered my time. Please visit my LinkedIn profile for more details.
- Bluegrass First Class
- City of Barre Information Technology (IT) Committee
- Friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library
- Montpelier Arts Fund Committee
- Montpelier Art Walk
- MOSTe: Motivating Our Students Through Experience
- Mountain Pride Media / Out in the Mountains
- New England Museum Association (NEMA) Annual Conference
- Northfield Boys & Girls Club
- Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (VABVI)
- Wanderlust Festivals
- WNUB 88.3 FM
I can also offer referrals for graphic designers, photographers, videographers, PR firms, print services providers, writers, copy editors, and other professionals.
For nonprofits and some small business owners, I offer a unique service: we can arrange a 60-minute phone call at a reasonable rate. This is not the same as a discovery call (see below), but is useful for those who already have a list of marketing questions and need concise assistance, action steps, or ideas.
What’s the next step?
Fill out this quick Contact Form to start the conversation.
I’ll respond ASAP to set up a phone call. This 30-60 minute discovery call is entirely free and will help us design a scope of work outlining a possible collaboration.
I look forward to hearing from you!